How we work as the Voice of the Business Community
The Weymouth & Portland Chamber of Commerce is committed to bringing together the busy people of Weymouth and Portland to promote, protect and improve our wonderful borough.
We hold the following networking and informational events, including:
– Monthly Business Breakfasts, one of the largest in Dorset, attracting representatives from local firms and organisations. Monthly excluding January and August.
– Information visits/tours of members business venues
– Social events, such as summer event/BBQ or an autumn Restaurant visit/charity fundraiser.
– Outings, such as our trip to Goodwood races and an exclusive tour of the Houses of Parliament.
– Our AGM, where the new committee is elected and we get a chance to review the previous year’s activities.
– Training events, informing local firms about relevant topics.
– Regular meetings with Borough officials and other important organisations keeping members updated on local issues.
We work alongside other local organisations, including:
– Dorset Chamber of Commerce & Industry, with whom we affiliated in 2014.
– The Weymouth BID, which the Chamber helped to establish.
– Weymouth & Portland Borough Council.
– Weymouth Hoteliers Guesthouses and Leaseholders Association.
– The #weyforward group.