Low Carbon Dorset
Dorset’s ERDF-funded Low Carbon Economy Programme
Low Carbon Dorset is a new three year programme of activities to help stimulate growth in Dorset’s low carbon economy.
The programme will be offering free technical support and grant funding for your carbon reduction project.
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Low Carbon Dorset helps businesses, community, and public sector organisations in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole.
The programme is run by Dorset County Council (DCC) and the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). It aims to help improve your energy efficiency, increase the use of renewable energy, and aid the development of new low carbon products.
What’s on offer?
Low Carbon Dorset will provide free technical advice and financial support to local Businesses, Community and Public Sector organisations to deliver carbon reduction projects in Dorset.
This free support is delivered through:
- Free low carbon workshops – regular workshops held across Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole to provide information on support available, insights into low carbon technologies, advice on carbon reduction, and examples of successful projects. Each workshop is tailored to your organisation type and sector. Calendar of Workshop & Events coming soon.
- Free networking – information exchange opportunities.
- Free technical advice – 2 days on site technical support and diagnostics to explore your low carbon project ideas and opportunities. Followed by on-going support to get your project off the ground.
- Free detailed energy survey – if required we will provide a free detailed energy Audit of your operations.
- Low carbon grants – available through the £2.15 Million Low Carbon Dorset fund to support the implementation of your project. Grants will be available for up to 40% of your project costs, between £5,000 and £250,000, depending on your project and sector.
To find out more about the programme’s aims, objectives and work areas please see the Low Carbon Dorset Programme Summary (pdf, 445kb)(opens in a new window).
Get updates on Low Carbon Dorset
Dorset County Council are currently preparing for the launch of Low Carbon Dorset. All programme news and details of how your organisation can benefit will be published in due course.
To receive updates from Low Carbon Dorset, and to learn how your organisation can benefit from the available support, please sign up to the e-news:
Contact the Low Carbon Dorset team on 01305 224261