Claudia Moore, Chief Operating Officer at Weymouth BID started her role on 2 January 2018. Since that date Claudia has visited many businesses around Weymouth. Last week was a typical week with business meetings, and AGM, telephone conversations and visits to local businesses.
Monday 23rd April
- Meeting with Jean from Weymouth and Portland Access Group to discuss future plans
- Amended the BID 2 Renewal Business plan
- Spent the evening writing a 3000 word research project for the BID Management Accreditation with the title “Can Experiential Retail Help Reverse the Decline of the UK High Street.”
Tuesday 24th April
- Met with Frank Mountain, the CEO from Versant Developments at Brewers Quay conducted a tour of Weymouth town centre for Russian journalists and visited Weymouth Museum. Versant are looking into putting tourist information on the hoarding behind Brewers Quay for cruise ship visitors.
Wednesday 25th April
- Met with WPBC to ensure that the Ballot list of businesses is up to date, this involved looking at 606 businesses one by one!
Thursday 26th April
- Met owners of Casa Espanola on the town bridge
- Weymouth BID AGM took place in the evening at the Old Town Hall
Friday 27th April
- Meeting held at Weymouth College to attend the steering group for the Coastal Communities Fund Bid to get funds for a co-working space on the Weymouth peninsular.
- Meeting held with Editor of Dorset Echo
Saturday 28th April
- Town Tidy day where Claudia scraped paint stripper off the “boots” mooring hubs at the harbour so they can be repainted in an artistic way
Sunday 29th April
- Claudia spent the morning out with the Weyfarer volunteers greeting German visitors from the cruise ship Aida
Claudia Moore Chief Operating Officer of Weymouth BID said “It is so important to get out and about to visit businesses and actually talk to traders face to face – you just can’t beat it. I have learnt so much from Weymouth businesses since I started as Chief Operating Officer in January 2018, my first 100 days have been very busy and my feet have not touched the ground. I must also thank the Weyfarer volunteers and the Weymouth BID team who all contribute to make Weymouth a better place to work, rest, play and visit. We still have so much to do”.
Weymouth BID continues to have regular coffee drop in sessions with businesses plus a regular Walkabout Wednesdays when Claudia and her team visit and film different parts of the town including Bowleaze, Preston, Kings Street, Westham Road, St Alban Street and Hope Square. The team also made a special visit to Portland Port at the beginning of the cruise season to make arrangements with the team at Portland Port for the Weyfarers, who voluntarily meet and greet every cruise ship that visits Weymouth and Portland.
For more information simply email Weymouth BID firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01305 779410.