Following our recent successful online Chamber meeting, President Craig summed the event up:
“Well we had a pretty good attendance at our May Brunch meeting just now considering current operating procedures. Just under 20 members came along to see a presentation from Paul Appleby CEO of Appleby Systems talking about business IT requirements
The talk only moved onto the current Covid-19 situation a couple of times which was good. We were also lucky to have a new member today in the form of Adrian McGrath of AMG Safety ltd. Who advise on Health & Safety in the work place amongst other things. He has developed an online course to help businesses returning to work in light of Covid-19 regulations.
All current members are now paid up until the 1st March 2021 irrespective of when they joined. Any New members are now welcome to apply on our website at no charge until that date.”
Others present were Catherine Scard Financial Advice, Albert Goodman, Honey Asset Finance, Sherrens Printing, Vaspba RPS Dorset & Hampshire Drones, Frontline Recruitment Weymouth Ltd, Wessex Trichology Clinic, Wessex FM, Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Perceptions Marketing Solutions, Weymouth College
- Email is the #1 entry point for malware.
- Use a good paid for antivirus. My family use Sophos Home. 35/year for 10 devices.
- Installing AV on a phone, either Android or iPhone is a good idea.
- As good as good AV is, don’t rely on it, use caution for every email and link.
- Windows users – change options to show file extensions. https://www.howtogeek.com/205086/beginner-how-to-make-windows-show-file-extensions/
- Don’t use link shortening services unless you really – really have to.
- Make sure your emailing lists are very accurate otherwise your emails will end up in junk folders.
- Email delivery settings are very important but very technical.
- You can’t trust a HTTPS padlock anymore, online shops and sites that take credit cards or collect personal information should use Extended Validation (EV) certificates.
Picture shows just a few members joining up.