During the pandemic, the government has temporarily relaxed rules for businesses in a number of areas, including:
- a ban on eviction for businesses who cannot pay their rent
- allowing workers to carry over leave
- allowing pubs and restaurants to operate as takeaways without planning permission
- allowing businesses temporary use of land without planning permission
- making applying for a pavement licence faster and cheaper
A full list of rules that have been relaxed and when they will come to an end is available on the government website.