The following information is provided by Dorset Skills Support for the Workforce from Serco.
“As part of the Skills Support for the Workforce & Redundancy (SSW/SSR) project, Serco are funding a virtual workshop aimed at those people who have skills and business conversations with employers within HotSW, Dorset and WoE regions. As these Workshops have been well received in the past, we are pleased to announce two additional dates, 22nd July and 19th August. These workshops will discuss the most effective ways to engage businesses with the Digital Skills Agenda and understand how best to diagnose and meet their digital skills needs. I know some of your staff have been furloughed, however, they are able to take part in training with their employers permission if you wish them to do so.
Designed to support training providers to answer technology questions and engage in conversations, you will learn how new tech is impacting on businesses, how digital technology is changing business growth models and what you can do within your training business to support some of the digital skills needs of the future.
This interactive session will enable you to build out your own question set when talking to employers and develop a credible digital knowledge base.
The workshop will cover:
- Digital Review
- Why is digital important for all businesses?
- Facilitated discussion: What are the key questions that will open a digital business conversations?
- Develop and adopt digital models to share in meetings
- Challenging the Current Digital Offer
- Get to know Office 365 capabilities – deep dive
- Match Office 365 with productivity improvements
- Discuss how could this be packaged as a course and how can it be included in existing courses
- Adding Digital Skills into Soft Skills Delivery
- Run soft skills training? Discuss and learn how can we include digital in the soft skills agenda and vice versa. We will look at examples of customer service, team admin and match with opportunities for chatbots use, social media management skills etc.
- Action Planning
- Review session, what will you do differently? What are the next steps?”
To book your place please choose the date most suitable for you and click on the link:
Wednesday 19th August 2020 – link to be added https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ssw-virtual-digital-skills-workshop-hotsw-dorset-woe-tickets-112094826644
In order to support the promotion of SSW and SSR with a COVID-19 Interim Provision, please find attached a revised promotional toolkit for Dorset to support the advertising of the SSW/SSR programmes via your websites, social media, e-newsletters, mail shots etc. Please feel free to distribute this information to your stakeholders and business intermediaries.
We are pleased to be able to offer a revised provision within the following topic areas in the Dorset Region.
- Leadership and Management (a variety of courses from First Line Team Leading to Senior Management)
- Health & Social Care (short courses with specific subjects to full Level 2 Care qualifications)
- Digital IT (Microsoft Office courses for beginners to intermediate levels, WordPress, Digital Promotion for Business and other similar topics)
- Catering & Hospitality (courses within Hospitality Services to Catering courses)
- Wellbeing (a variety of courses from Mental Wellbeing & Resilience, Fitness Instructing to Active Leisure & Wellbeing)
- HR, Business and Marketing (Managing Performance, Policies and Compliance for Small Businesses alongside other courses)
Skills Support for Redundancy
We are offering bespoke packages of training aimed at supporting individuals into employment, further learning or an apprenticeship. Individuals are eligible for Skills Support for Redundancy if they have been made redundant within the last three months.
Courses will be delivered remotely through Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc with the exception of some construction courses which will still be delivered, but adhering to the social distancing guidance.
Businesses and individuals who are interested in undertaking training can enquire via our website: https://www.serco-ese.com/skills-support-for-the-workforce/regions/dorset
Please be mindful, that whilst eligible individuals can access multiple courses, the learner can only access the courses from one provider.
It is also worth noting that learners who have previously accessed training through the SSW programme, and are still on programme, can access further training but only from their original provider. Learners who have previously accessed SSW, fully completed training and are no longer on programme will not be eligible to re-engage with SSW.”